Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'll drink to that...

I can't count how many times this week I've said "I am 38 years old!" Some people are embarrassed by their age, I wear it more like battle stripes. I've had the opportunity to travel, experience life and learn who I am and who I'm not. I don't love everything about myself (who does) but I do like the person I am. Lots of people have a false impression of who they think I am and yet very few people truly know me.

I have been accused of being a "party girl" mother. This amuses be greatly and couldn't be further from the truth. I used to be a party girl. I enjoyed a good time and drank regularly until I became pregnant. Mostly wine at home or at dinner but if I went out to a happy hour or hung with my friends I DRANK! I was that person that never turned down a drink and was always up for a good time. The key to all of this is that I also never drove drunk. I have been drunk on many occasions but I will never get behind a wheel that way. I have consumed alcohol and driven but that's a whole other topic... Now that I'm a mom I always know that at some point it's likely that my daughter will WANT me. She may not need me but she will almost always want me and Murphy knows it will happen at the worst possible time. This is on my mind as I drink and creates a self imposed mommy limit. I'm perfectly ok with that. What I'm not ok with is people on their high horse judging or making assumptions about my alcohol consumption. In fact, I'd like to take a wine bottle (empty of course...no alcohol abuse) and shove it up their ass! This would be difficult however because this is also where their head is usually located. 
In case you didn't know, a bottle of wine is only 4 glasses. When consumed with food and shared with friends over an evening is no big deal. So next time you want to judge someone based upon things you know nothing about...cork it!

No comments:

Post a Comment